Jhe town of Avondale won seven awards at the City-County Communications & Marketing Association’s 2022 National Savvy Awards at the Hyatt Regency Portland in Oregon on Thursday, September 8.
The competition recognizes skilled and effective city, county, agency or district professionals who have creatively planned and executed successful communications and marketing innovations.
The Savvy Awards, held in conjunction with 3CMA’s annual conference, recognize outstanding achievement by local governments in the areas of communications, public sector marketing and resident-government relations.
According to 3CMA, this year’s Savvy Awards competition received more than 640 entries from 172 jurisdictions in 28 states. Avondale received awards for the following seven entries:
Savvy Award (First Place)
• Avondale Public Art Master Plan: Graphic Design
• Annual water quality calendar: graphic design
• Avondale FY 2022 budget in brief: graphic design
• Avondale’s FY2022 Budget in Brief: Print Publications
• Avondale EDGE Video Series: Marketing and Tools
• Avondale Unique Visitors Guide: Print Publications
• Better Block Avondale: Special Events
Avondale’s marketing and public relations department has won multiple Savvy Awards over the past two decades for its innovative and creative communications.